Knitting First Aid with Judith 1 class Saturday March 25th 2:00 - 4:00 pm
Become a more confident and capable knitter as you learn to recognize and fix your knitting mistakes. In this informative class you will learn these skills:
- How to read your stitches
- Fixing dreaded mistakes that every knitter: dropped stitches, incomplete stitches, twisted stitches in stockinette and garter
- Increasing and decreasing
- Ripping out (“frogging”) and unknit (“tink”)
- Reading a pattern, charts, and abbreviations
Bring your knit kit: scissors, locking stitch markers, a crochet hook and a cable needle or a #5 or #6 Double Point Needle.
Homework: Two swatches of a solid light colored worsted weight yarn and do not bind off: leave both swatches on stitch holders. Do not use DK, fingering or sport weight yarns.
Swatch #1: Cast on 20 stitches and knit in Stockinette stitch (knit 1 row, purl 1 row for 15 rows)
Swatch #2: Cast on 35 stitches and knit in Garter stitch (knit all rows) for 15 rows.